Even though we think we are aware of drink spiking, we are not. This is a growing problem and shows no signs of slowing down.


Monday 19 March 2007

Smoking ban to increase Drink Spiking?

I have just read an article which has worried me.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/yorknews/display.var.1250747.0.smoking_and_spiking_fear.php

It states that since the smoking ban came into effect in Scotland, drink spiking has increased by 20%, and that this is set to be mirrored across England when the ban is enforced in on the 1st July. This is because when people go outside or to the designated place to smoke, they will not be allowed to take their drinks with them.

This means that people are going to have to be more aware of where they are leaving their drinks or who they are leaving them with. This to me seems to hand predators opportunities on a plate and as a smoker who is hating the smoking ban, this is rubbing salt in the wound.

2 comments:

deansunshine said...

can you please contact me regarding your information on this blog.
thanks
dean sunshine
deansunshine@drinksafetech.com.au

Louise Naughton said...

Hiya,

I just realised that the link for the article that I got the information from was incorrect, I have since amended it, so please have a look!

Thanks
Louise